Engineer I - Rotational Program Participant
PAY RANGE: $60,000 - $70,000 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 27, 2017.
LOCATION: Various locations in service territories during rotation program.
Black Hills Corporation’s accelerated engineer development program is a 2-year program designed to help top engineering talent develop technical skills through rotational assignments across the engineering organization. Participating engineers will engage in technical, leadership and on-the-job training. After successful completion of the 2-year program, participants will be placed into engineering positions that best fit the needs of the Company and the interests and talents of the engineer.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: TBD
EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively prepare or review documentation with a high degree of accuracy and completeness using tools and templates available.
- Use structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Build, update and analyze computer models of various network systems.
- Gather and analyze data from multiple sources in support of projects or initiatives.
- Assist with facility designs including power plants, substations, electrical transmission and distribution systems and gas distribution networks.
- Manage assigned projects.
- Provide support to engineers.
- Build positive working relationships across all levels of employees in assigned areas.
- Related experience through Black Hills Corporation or other energy industry internships preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited school required.
- Electrical or mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to maintain proficiency with new systems and software as technology evolves.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn diverse topics and skills.
- Requires willingness and ability to relocate for assignment rotations and for the initial post program placement.
- Requires some travel within the utility service territory and for support of corporate subsidiaries.
- Perform work on or in close proximity to energized electrical facilities.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer