Contract Management Intern
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 6, 2017.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist record keeping and contract tracking as assigned within the Company’s FERC Tariff & Contract Administration Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Tariff and Contract Administration
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with the development of new document categories and fields for electronic and physical retention; work with the Transmission Analysts to determine departmental records needs; provide assistance in preparing documents for scanning.
- Collect, sort, prepare and scan documents; label and enter documents into the enterprise content management system; prepare files and forward documents for recycling and/or shredding.
- Provide post-scanning quality assurance to ensure batches are complete, accurate, and of a high quality.
- Ensure documents are archived and properly located; comply with company’s records retention policy; maintain confidentiality.
- Track contract process in project management software and Microsoft Excel.
- Develop and implement project management plan.
- Develop naming conventions and standardization for documents.
- Develop metrics to track completion of work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the FERC Tariff & Contract Administration Department and the Legal Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- None required.
- Must have completed junior year of college in the field of business administration, pre-law, industrial engineering, public administration or other relevant area.
- Enrollment in law school or strong interest in enrolling in law school preferred.
- Basic knowledge of record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to interpret contracts, read and understand documentation and categorize documents by subject matter.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- None required.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer