Income Tax Specialist II or Sr.
SALARY RANGE: $49,500 - $76,200 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 2, 2017.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Rapid City, SD or Denver, CO.
Provide tax compliance, tax accounting, research and support to Black Hills Corporation and its subsidiaries.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Tax Compliance Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns and supporting work papers.
- Provide support in audit examination process.
- Reconcile tax accounts and accounting for income taxes related to quarter and year-end processes.
- Research and analyze tax questions and issues.
- Maintain tax depreciation schedules.
- Prepare/review reporting compliance for FERC Form 1.
- Maintain updated knowledge of tax rules and regulations and effectively coordinate implementation and communication of changes in the law where applicable within the organization.
- Explore technology solutions and, when appropriate, make recommendations of such solutions to optimize use of resources.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of documentation of applicable processes and procedures.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the accounting department and with other business unit personnel.
- Minimum of three to five years of tax experience or an equivalent combination of public accounting and/or industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- A solid working knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, preferably in the electric and natural gas industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements.
- A fundamental understanding of GAAP and general ledger processes.
- Ability to understand and apply federal and state tax law.
- Ability to identify potential tax issues.
- Ability to interpret financial information.
- Ability to effectively support audit process.
- Requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to think strategically and work effectively in a team environment or independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are needed.
- Must have a working knowledge of various software applications including Word, Excel and various tax software packages.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- CPA preferred.
- You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer