Journeyman Lineman (UN667)
WAGE: $40.96 per hour
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
A Journeyman Lineman shall have completed a qualified (4) years of apprenticeship and be DOL certified, and shall be capable of doing all types of line and service work in accordance with the Company’s established constructions standards, company policies and line practices. Lineman will take an active role in the training of apprentice lineman to the JAC standards.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Know how to switch primary lines and have working knowledge of the transmission and distribution system.
- Proficient in erection and setting of poles, pulling of wire, transformer connections, and troubleshooting.
- Have a working knowledge of meter installing and removing and perform the correct paperwork.
- Run primary and secondary spans and repair primary and secondary lines.
- Open and close cutout door to energize or de-energize lines and transformers.
- Work underground primary and secondary feeds.
- Work on Power Quality.
- Collect payments and deposits from customers when reconnections are necessary.
- Involved in the training of apprentice lineman to JAC Standards.
- Must have completed a qualified four (4) year apprenticeship program or its equivalent and be DOL certified.
- Previous experience working with customers preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and to follow all construction Standards and Operating Standards.
- Knowledge of and to follow all company Policies and Safety Practices.
- Ability to become proficient at the operation of MDT’s.
- Ability to attain and hold a valid Colorado CDL Class “A” Driver’s license in 90 days.
- Must live within 30 minutes of the base service center.
- Willing to work overtime.
- Required to work stand-by.
- Must be able to complete OSHA requirements that are outlined for Journeyman Lineman.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be a proficient climber.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. and move objects.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and squatting to access tasks.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access task.
- Gripping and pulling with both hands up to 120 lbs. of force.
- Hand-eye coordination, lifting, one arm carry, overhead lifting and reaching, repetitive wrist twisting motion.
- Must have acute vision with or without correction. Ambulate varying terrains, surfaces and elevations and work with color codes.
- Ability to pull downward, horizontal, overhead reach and downward vertical.
- Upper extremity coordination to prepare materials for installs.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer