Damage Prevention Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $63,900 - $83,070
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 18, 2018.
LOCATION: Lincoln, NE
Responsible for educational outreach efforts required for the prevention of damages to Black Hills Energy facilities. Proactively informs and interacts with internal and external customers to increase facility awareness, promote safe digging practices and increase knowledge of damage prevention techniques. Perform damage investigations to determine root cause, fault, and liability. Provides facility protection and locating support to BHE locate business partner and internal and external excavating customers. Obtains, organizes, and provides timely and actionable damage prevention information from various corporate systems in support of damage prevention risk avoidance program.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Business Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains, upgrades, and provides damage prevention and facility awareness presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Communicate with BHE locate business partner on a daily basis to direct resources to areas with highest risk of third party excavation damage.
- Provides support, investigates, responds and resolves internal and external customer locating problems related to hard to locate facilities.
- Provides onsite support and investigation of facility damages; collects and maintains all data related to facility damages and verifies data for accuracy; participates in the decision making process to bill for damages; provides support to internal and external customers to resolve damage claims.
- Performs quality field audits of locate accuracy.
- Ensures timely and accurate reports are created and delivered to users for decision-making processes to improve corporate performance, compliance, and reduce damages to Black Hills Energy’s facilities.
- Work with minimal supervision and maintain a high degree of productivity.
- Interact daily with BHE field operations personnel.
- Coordinate damage investigations with local emergency personnel; fire and police departments, state fire marshal, other public officials.
- Create partnerships with company vendors, professional organizations, and equipment manufacturers.
- Five or more years of relevant experience required (damage prevention, construction, gas operations, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years equivalent experience in Business, Operations, or Construction.
- Must possess a working knowledge of damage prevention programs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of network operations procedures.
- Thorough understanding of D.O.T. Part 192.
- General knowledge of mapping and system design.
- Solid understanding of safe excavation practices.
- Must demonstrate a strong application of safety rules and requirements to promote a safe work environment.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of understanding of facility locating fundamentals and related operation of locating instruments.
- Must be familiar with the Nebraska One Notification Act, and underground construction practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding to read and interpret facility maps and drawings.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Prepare written communications in a professional manner to a variety of internal & external audiences.
- Analytical and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Operator qualifications to perform job responsibilities.
- Working outdoors during all types of weather conditions.
- Traveling is required to complete work assignments.
You must be able to perform the requirements of this position, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish between colors.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer