Gas Engineering Technician
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 - $76,200
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 6, 2017.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
Responsible for assisting design engineers in the preparation of design drawings and mapping of facilities in AutoCAD or similar mapping systems.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Engineering & Project Management Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize computer-aided drafting system (AutoCAD) to complete detailed construction and as-built drawings for regulator stations, meter sets, odorizers, pipeline installations and other facilities.
- Review town border station inspection reports and town border station equipment reports to ensure we are in compliance with DOT code.
- Review construction plans issued by cities, state agencies and others that impact our pipelines, and develop plans showing the extent of relocation, old and new elevations, potential conflicts, etc.
- Develop the most cost effective methods to design new odorizers, meter sets, and regulator stations.
- Provide accurate and current system maps by updating land base and gas facilities, and printing distribution maps.
- Provide pressure zone maps and cathodic protection zone maps as requested by Operations.
- Complete drawings and diagrams for standards manuals.
- Determine elements of design, such as regulator, relief valve, meter and other equipment selection, electrical details and overall design.
- Set priorities and schedules.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Engineering and Project Management Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- Two years of experience required.
- Associate degree in design, drafting or science related field.
- Knowledge of Black Hills Corporation Operations and Maintenance and Part 192 mapping requirements.
- Skilled with the use of AutoCAD, GE Smallworld , Spatial Intelligence and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and maintain control of assignments.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer