Senior Administrative Assistant
PAY RANGE: $19 - $26 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on December 21, 2017.
LOCATION: Denver, CO
Provide administrative support for up to ten (10) director level (and above) leaders and multiple departments. Support team and department staff administrative support role as well as project focused responsibilities. This role multi-tasks, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative needs of the team.
Problem solving, prioritization of tasks and organization skills are key in this position while assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Gas Asset Planning & Data Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain document processing and systems to ensure availability of accurate, timely information and to enhance the workflow. Follows reliable processes. Work is completed with minimal errors.
- Perform accurate data entry within appropriate time frame.
- Meet deadlines, carry out instructions, and fulfill work assignments.
- Identifies areas of opportunity for continuous improvement needs and is proactive in initiating improvement and follows through to operationalize.
- Assist with scheduling and organizing activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities. Supports multiple leaders and teams.
- Communicate with management relating to pertinent information of assigned work. Keeps manager informed of progress and works with sense of urgency.
- Effectively handle and prepare correspondence. Ability to write reports, correspondence, memos, proposals logically and accurately
- Work with a diverse group of external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Work safely and follow company policies, procedures and work practices in a positive, cooperative and productive manner. Responsive to requests. Knows how to use resources to meet customer needs. Follows through on commitments.
- Gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a team environment, works toward mutual cooperation. Willingly assists others and flexes within and outside work areas.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes multiple sources for answers; can see hidden problems; provides honest and straightforward analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answer.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of personnel related matters and other company business of a sensitive nature.
- Provide backup support for other administrative staff.
- Perform any other projects and/or duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean orderly office area.
- Prepare reports as assigned.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Five or more years of experience in an administrative assistant or office management role supporting senior leaders and/or multiple leaders required.
- Demonstrated experience working with confidential information.
- Experience managing projects and events.
- Associate’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective in bringing a group together to accomplish a task and in getting ideas accepted.
- Ability to effectively and professionally express thoughts verbally; ability to listen to others and share information; ability to understand replies and directions from others.
- Must be courteous, neat, and professional.
- Self-motivated with the ability to function independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and projects in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer