Line Serviceman DOL (UN667)
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.
LOCATION: Pueblo, CO
Provide new overhead and underground electric service to customers. Perform work in construction maintenance and troubleshooting of overhead and underground primary and secondary lines.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Electric Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform switching operations on transmission and distribution systems.
- Skilled in repair and maintenance functions on service, secondary, distribution, and transmission systems.
- Proficient in erection and setting of utility poles and structures, conductor pulling and stringing operations, transformer connections, and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot, install, replace or repair primary and secondary spans of both underground and overhead systems.
- Safely performs energizing or de-energizing of electrical lines and transformers through the use of dead-front elbows, jumpers, fused cutouts, reclosers, switches, and switchgear.
- Has a working knowledge of meter installation and removal to include proper documentation
- Proficient in hot work procedures utilizing both rubber gloves and sleeves, as well as hot stick procedures.
- Assists with the required training of apprentice lineman following our internal Joint Apprenticeship Committee standards.
- Work on power quality and system reliability issues as required.
- Utilize electric equipment to perform and complete daily tasks.
- Proficient in record keeping with the ability to utilize computer programs.
- Must be able to work outside, in extreme weather and temperature for extended periods of time.
- This position may also include some travel for specialized training to other Black Hills Energy locations and for mutual aid storm work.
- Required to perform stand-by as an outage first responder.
- Willing to work overtime for after-hours callouts and extended days.
- A Journeyman Lineman - DOL shall have completed a qualified (4) year apprenticeship and be Department of Labor (DOL) certified, and shall be capable of performing all types of line and service work in accordance with the Company’s established construction standards, operation standards, company policies and safety practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work requires knowledge of and to follow all Construction and Operating Standards.
- Work requires knowledge of and to follow all Company Policies and Safety Practices.
- Must be able to complete OSHA requirements as outlined.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to attain and maintain a valid Colorado CDL Class “A” Driver’s license within 90 day.
- Must have completed a qualified apprenticeship program and have a Department of Labor Certification.
Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Be a proficient pole climber.
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds and move object.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access task.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and squatting to access tasks.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer