Tax Intern (Summer 2018)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 29, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist with various projects as assigned within the Company’s Tax Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s multiple business units and enhancing the intern’s ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Tax Manager II
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with and perform duties within Company policies and procedures.
- Perform assigned duties in a professional manner to facilitate the objectives and goals of the Company and to enhance the image of the Tax Department.
- Assist all levels of management and staff in interpreting the information you produce.
- Maintain a system for keeping project files in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Provide routine information to employees and other departments as requested. Respond to inquiries as promptly as possible.
- Keep Vice President - Tax informed on the status of work.
- Present ideas for improving efficiency of duties to Vice President - Tax.
- Support and assist the Vice President - Tax and other staff in meeting deadlines and goals.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned, including those required to support subsidiary tax processes and other Finance and Accounting Department activities including those for the property accounting functions, risk and treasury activities and internal audit functions.
- Maintain strong working relationships within Tax Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- None required.
- College junior or above working toward a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Basic knowledge of business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Basic knowledge of automated accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- None required.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer