Financial Analyst (Treasury)
SALARY RANGE: $58,650 - $76,200
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 25, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Directly support the Treasury Department in timely and accurate reporting of all financial data, including providing financial reports and presentations required by company management, regulatory and operating companies. Responsible for supporting Treasury on critical financing activities and in the development, analysis, interpretation and communication of statistical and accounting information relating to development of operating budgets, strategic plans and forecasts, and related comparative reporting.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Financial Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee daily commercial paper and equity issuance activities and serve as liaise with senior management in strategy formulation
- Prepare complex financial models to support financing strategies that include debt issuances, equity offerings, capitalization structures, hedging strategies, interest impact and other derivative financing options.
- Analyze, summarize and communicate the feasibility of the modeling results in support of financing decisions.
- Draw conclusions and communicate perspective on data relationships between financing strategies, operating results and credit quality.
- Actively develop and prepare annual budgets, strategic plans and forecasts.
- Administer the financial analysis activities and provide the analysis and interpretation of results to manager and upper management.
- Review and understand components of Company’s debt and equity financing documents.
- As needed prepare monthly accounting entries and related documentation for debt, interest payments and interest accrual transactions, hedging activities and capitalization requirements.
- Prepare support documentation for Treasury related 10Q and 10K financial disclosures.
- Assist management in preparation of presentations to the rating agencies, investors, regulatory bodies and internal management.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as defined within Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for Treasury operations.
- Analyze industry and company trends and summarize findings for management.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned, including support of pension and other benefits oversight and support of accounting and investor relations activities.
- Develop strong understanding of Black Hills business model; including regulatory principles and FERC and GAAP account coding
- Establish strong relationships across the company to advance effective communication and coordination across departments and companies.
- Seek ways to continually improve Treasury related processes as well as the participation with all departments.
- Research news stories, market movements, and industry profiles in financial newspapers, magazines, and books to maintain an up-to-date awareness of financial trends and recent financial transactions in the market.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and influencing skills and practices.
- Must maintain good working relationships with co-workers, employees, supervisor, upper management, internal audit and external audit.
- Must communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
- Work to create effective working relationships with external parties such as; Banking Institutions, Investment Bankers, Investment Managers, Regulatory Commissions, Analysts, Law Firms, Rating Agencies and External Audit.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the financial, accounting or statistical activities of a company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in utility or energy related industry preferred.
- Competent level of knowledge related to business and accounting procedures and methods.
- Competent knowledge of spreadsheet software in relationship to financial and operational processes.
- Strong Excel and/or database capabilities required.
- Experience working with Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Strategic Finance a plus.
- Experience working with a large accounting software system – PeopleSoft Experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Exercise good business judgment in complex interrelated business issues.
- Expertise in Microsoft Products.
- Ability to function as part of a collaborative team.
- Must have strong computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- CPA or CFA designation a plus, but not required.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer