Engineering Systems Analyst I
PAY RANGE: $25 - $32 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 22, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Administer and maintain server infrastructure including Windows, VMWare and Linux servers with SAN storage, as well as Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructure. Responsibilities include Microsoft Active Directory and Citrix administration. Provide second level support for employees. Support requests can be in the form of project, break/fix and any change request activity. Maintain exemplary customer service standards in responding to customer issues and questions. Ensure systems are properly patched in a timely manner. Duties must be performed in accordance with company published policies and procedures.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: System Engineering Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide technology support to internal users in assigned areas.
- Provide support for distributed IT infrastructure servers and storage.
- Implement proactive measures to ensure availability, reliability and performance goals are consistently met.
- Ensure system security in compliance with regulations and company policy.
- Identify and assist in implementing improvements to all systems supported.
- Create, own and manage end-to-end ticket flow process associated with vulnerability request and change tickets.
- Coordinate change management with impacted technical support teams regarding planned outages or updates and any modifications needed to the maintenance windows and/or standard patching schedules.
- Perform assigned activities according to established BHE processes and procedures.
- Provide weekly status reports.
- Ability to effectively document procedures for audit and control purposes.
- Willingly accept all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Accept work assignments and direction from senior team members.
- Create and maintain positive relationships across all levels of the enterprise.
- Two or more years working in a corporate IT environment preferred.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Security or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with desktop and server technologies.
- Experience with Linux OS, architecture, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with Windows OS, architecture, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience supporting Windows Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Experience supporting virtualization technologies such as VMware.
- Experience supporting one or both of the following is strongly desired:
- Enterprise Password Vault solutions, such as CyberArk.
- Network segmentation technologies, such as VMware NSX.
- Knowledge of the Utility Industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work from remote locations as required.
- Server + certification desired.
- Microsoft or Linux certification(s) desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional nights and weekends.
- Business travel as required
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Ability to lift and rack server and storage hardware.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer