Utility Construction Specialist
PAY RANGE: $22 - $28 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on January 18, 2018.
LOCATION: Monument, CO
Design, estimate and manage the construction activities for basic residential customer construction services. Complete forms, design services, update inventory of parts in appropriate electronic system and create customer accounts. Ensure that customer accounts are set up correctly and that tariffs are consistently applied.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Utility Construction Planning Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, estimate and manage the construction activities for basic residential customer construction services. Complete necessary forms, design services, update inventory of parts in appropriate electronic systems and create customer accounts.
- Review job types/work in Service Request tool and assign appropriately
- Utilize various computer programs to prepare estimates and design basic electrical and gas construction jobs including new services, maintenance (including service line replacements and retirements) and third party damages.
- Ensure that all work on assigned projects is planned so that construction can be accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner. Enter orders in system in order to be scheduled.
- Explain company construction policies and procedures to customers and work with customers to best satisfy needs.
- Assist with storm restoration as needed.
- Provide backup for Utility Construction Planners on work order preparation, customer contact, technical assistance
- Work with other departments to schedule construction of customer jobs to ensure that customer needs are satisfied to the greatest degree possible. Coordinate with customer, internal field crews and contractors.
- Write work orders for 3rd Party Damages
- Manage personal area lighting and municipal light installation projects
- Assure that electric and gas construction complies with company and industry codes and standards.
- Assure that contractors hired comply with company and OSHA safety rules.
- Monitor actual cost vs. estimated cost on all work orders; explain and justify significant variances.
- Assure that company policies, construction standards, work practices and safety practices are followed.
- Monitor electric and gas crew’s work schedule to maintain efficient use of crews
- Ensure accurate mapping of facilities
- Code and approve contractor job invoices
- Promote culture of safety, compliance, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Perform and manage special projects that may be assigned.
- Exercise appropriate level of independent judgment on Company proprietary and confidential matters.
- Provide support to other areas of the Company as requested or assigned.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all Company employees.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in a utility environment in the areas of construction preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of construction design software.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment as a collaborative team member.
- Independent, well-organized, self-starter and able to adapt to change.
- Ability to develop and implement work processes which contribute to increased efficiencies.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately resolve customer complaints in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to professionally interface with customers and individuals across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and utilize continuous improvement tools and concepts.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer