Communications Program Manager
SALARY RANGE: $78,150 - $108,630
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 4, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Manage and serve the communications needs for designated corporate functions and business units of Black Hills Corporation (including its subsidiaries doing business as Black Hills Energy); foster productive working partnerships with assigned internal business clients to create and support communications strategies, initiatives and solutions designed to enhance the company’s brand and reputation and connect internal and/or external stakeholders to our vision, mission, values and corporate strategic goals; manage the development and implementation of communications plans and campaigns; create engaging written, visual and other communications content; optimize and manage communications channels; collaborate with team members and participate in cross-functional teams to enhance the overall effectiveness of the company’s communications needs.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Corporate Communications Senior Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement internal communications plans and strategies in support of internal corporate clients and initiatives.
- Foster productive working partnerships with internal clients to identify communications needs, create annual programs and initiative-specific communications plans.
- Manage elements involved in the successful implementation of communications plans and campaigns to ensure message alignment, channel optimization, scheduling, copy, design, measurement and other production needs.
- Create engaging content consistent with the company’s brand standards for communications and marketing materials, including through clear, concise and persuasive writing across multiple channels (including key messages, talking points, print copy, digital and social media content).
- Collaborate with team members (graphic designers, digital media and others) to create engaging content, including through the use of platforms, visuals, writing and other techniques.
- Provide advice and counsel to internal clients and teammates on effective communications strategies, as well as to revise, edit and enhance communications consistent with our brand and to build the company’s reputation.
- Identify, use and develop communications channels and appropriate media to reach customers, employees and other audiences.
- Contribute as a member of the Corporate Affairs team and other departments to support strategies, innovate and deliver results to strengthen the company’s brand and reputation with customers, external stakeholders and employees.
- Identify and employ strategies to measure impact and effectiveness of plans and tactics.
- Partner with external vendors as necessary.
- Represent the company before and engage in community, employee and other stakeholder opportunities.
- Manage other projects as necessary.
- Internal: Corporate leaders (including VPs of regulated and non-regulated business units), functional leaders and specialists in Human Resources, Customer Service, Information Technology, Safety, Investor Relations, Regulatory, Community Affairs, Governmental Affairs; Natural Gas and Electric Utility Operations; Business Development.
- External: Customers; vendors; industry and professional associations.
- Experience leading communications or related programs and project teams.
- Experience with providing service to internal or external corporate clients in support of communications needs.
- Experience with successful development and execution of organizational communications, public relations, marketing communications and customer communications plans.
- History of successful project management and execution.
- Experience with speaking and presenting before the public and groups.
- Minimum of five years’ experience preferred working in communications, public relations, or related business function.
- Experience in the energy industry preferred.
- Bachelor degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of communications, marketing and public relations strategies, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of and experience with communications, marketing and outreach techniques to reach targeted audiences, including but not limited to advertising, earned media, digital media, printed collaterals, direct mail and grassroots.
- Knowledge of media and other communications platforms.
- Knowledge of retail utility, electric, natural gas, oil, natural resource, environmental, and other energy issues.
- Knowledge of the corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Knowledge of business strategies, principles and success factors.
- Personal drive, creativity, and initiative to create opportunities to connect with various audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical, persuasive, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to leverage diverse teams and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging written and other content with attention to details.
- Demonstrated planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work with agility to manage multiple projects, stakeholders and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to superior customer service for internal clients, teammates and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to teamwork and working collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external peers and stakeholders.
- Commitment to meeting ethical business and personal standards.
- Commitment to continuously improvement of programs, methods, products and performance.
- Commitment to personal and collective wellness and safety.
- Ability to develop and implement communications, marketing and public relations strategies.
- Ability and willingness to seek, accept and incorporate input, revisions and direction on work products.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the corporation and its subsidiaries, energy issues into work plans.
- Ability to develop trusted, productive working relationships with business leaders and program specialists across the company.
- Ability to work independently and meet established expectations on deadline.
- Ability to communicate company positions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and participate in internal and external project teams.
- Ability to analyze complex issues, interpret and communicate them in a concise, understandable format to multiple audiences.
- Flexibility to travel as needed including to Black Hills’ service territory locations (Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wyoming).
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer