Digital Strategy Program Manager
SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $97,530
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 26, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
The Digital Strategy Program Manager is responsible for ideation, development, implementation, communication, and measurement of the company’s digital media strategies on behalf of Black Hills Energy, including the company’s corporate entities and electric and natural gas service subsidiaries across eight states. The position serves as the primary contact on all digital media initiatives and projects for internal business clients. This role will manage the overall day-to-day client correspondence on digital-specific campaigns to ensure client satisfaction and meet all digital media deliverables in a timely fashion. The position requires a high-performing self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with several teams on multiple projects, a passion for research and trends, the desire to turn insights into solutions, and the ability to build trust with clients and internal partners.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Corporate Communications Senior Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the company’s digital media strategies, including brand voice, brand positioning and brand standards on all digital media platforms.
- Implement the digital media strategy with coordination with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness and review measurement goals in a timely and regular manner.
- Ensure digital media tools are kept up to date and are prominent on site and various pages.
- Mange digital media campaigns and day to day channel and account activities.
- Oversee creation of monthly client content calendars for various digital channels.
- Track, monitor, and analyze performance of campaigns and paid and organic digital media activities.
- Set up and manage client presence in digital sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content in digital applications as needed.
- Work with all contracted advertising/public relations agencies, when identified, to surface other content for digital distribution.
- Become an advocate of the clients in digital media space, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Provide regular reports showcasing overall growth of channels.
- Manage the monitoring of trends in the industry and be up to date on any emerging platforms.
- Utilize digital analytics tools to generate insights.
- Own special Marketing projects as needed, especially regarding new and innovative ways to drive business.
- All other duties as assigned
- Corporate Affairs, including Corporate Communications, Community Affairs and Governmental Affairs.
- Corporate departments, including Customer Service, Utility Operations, Utility Business Development, Investor Relations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Regulatory, Energy Efficiency, Legal and Corporate Governance.
- Management teams of Black Hills Energy’s natural gas and electric operating units and non-regulated businesses.
- Three years working in digital communications or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communications, communications or related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of digital media content development and management.
- Advanced knowledge of digital social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Advanced knowledge of webpage and design software included in Adobe Creative Cloud and WYSIWYG editors.
- Working knowledge of web protocols such as HTML, CSS, XML and JSP.
- Knowledgeable about content management systems and templates – expertise in Drupal preferred.
- Familiarity with new web applications with understanding of methods used to further enhance web sites.
- Understanding of web design issues, including browser usability and cross-platform compatibility.
- Knowledge of methods for tracking web site usage by external audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation, curiosity, and creativity.
- Ability to work productively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and enlist others’ support in ensuring timely project completion.
- Demonstrated interest in energy industry issues; commitment to life-long learning.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to evaluate the success of web work, including setting key performance indicators, monitoring visitor statistics, feedback and participation.
- Strong design and troubleshooting skills as well as an eye for detail.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer