Service Person Appliance (UN6407)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 24, 2018.
LOCATION: Lawrence, KS
Provide customer service relative to the promotion, sale, installation, repair and service of a broad range of gas or electric appliances or equipment. Respond to emergency gas leaks.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general customer service activity including, but not limited to, turn-ons and turn-offs, replace meters, collect unpaid bills, investigate calls regarding gas leaks and carbon monoxide presence, etc.
- Promote safety in all phases of company operations.
- Install, repair and service domestic and commercial appliances.
- Read schematics proficiently.
- Contact customer concerning complaints, inquiries and delinquent accounts.
- Promote profitability by the promotion of non-regulated company programs.
- Perform meter reading if needed.
- Provide after hours (on call) service to customers as required and assist in response to any emergency requirement.
- Participate, as requested, in various community relations activities to increase and improve public perception of the Company.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- Work with Black Hills Energy customers.
- Up to five or more years of experience.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment.
- Technical training and/or experience in appliance repair preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC knowledge and expertise.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills essential.
- Safe work record and demonstration of a strong work ethic.
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
- Journeyman Mechanical License.
- HVAC License.
- EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Must be willing to work assigned shift, on call, holidays and overtime.
- Must live within 30 miles of Lawrence city limits.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting - Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs.; Carrying - Continually under 15 lbs.; Frequently 15-30 lbs.; Occasionally 30+ lbs; Occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching - Rarely at shoulder height.
- At times required to work on roof of buildings, climb ladders/stairs, crawl spaces, and attics. Ability to navigate uneven surfaces that may have clutter and debris.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer