Senior Gas Storage Design Engineer
SALARY RANGE: $69,800 - $90,740
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 19, 2018.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE, Denver, CO, or Fayetteville, AR
Provide professional reservoir and engineering services to our natural gas utility underground storage operations in multiple states. Responsible for the engineering oversight of the 7 storage files while maintaining compliance with pipeline safety regulations, industry standards and general engineering practices. Reviews DOT regulations, API Recommended Practices and Standards, and make recommendations based upon regulations and industry best practices. Work in partnership with the Gas Control, Measurement, Accounting, and Operations groups provide analysis of capacity, injection and deliverability for the company’s underground storage assets. Maintain and produce inventory verification reports comparing gas-in-place to book volumes. Develop expansion plans and potentials for Business Development growth projects. Participate in the development of training for compliance with Operator Qualifications regulation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Engineering Design and Project Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides general engineering support and service to natural gas operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Provide support of the Gas Operations and Maintenance manual, the Gas Operating Standards manual, the Gas Material Standards manual, and the Gas Emergency Plan manual.
- Maintains a successful partnership with network operations.
- Monitor, analyze and develop strategies for injection and withdrawal schedules.
- Monitor adherence to storage operations, engineering and integrity plans.
- Be familiar with API RP 1171, API 580/581 and other industry best practices.
- Provides senior level engineering support and service to natural gas storage operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Provide support for internal audits and assessments of storage fields and storage operations within the company.
- Responsible for providing technical expertise in regulatory matters relating to gas storage field operations and deliverability.
- Maintain bottom hole pressure records.
- Produce and maintain reservoir inventory levels and deliverability calculations.
- Provide project management support and leadership to include scopes of work, cost estimates and schedules for storage related projects throughout the company.
- Perform computer modeling to predict reservoir capacity and well deliverability.
- Participates as a subject matter expert for external audit preparation and data gathering in order to demonstrate compliance.
- Lead or assist with development and optimization of storage fields and associated compressor equipment.
- Assist with environmental permitting for storage facilities.
- Coordinate final design, procurement and construction or refurbishment of storage facilities.
- Provides professional services elsewhere in the company’s energy business, as requested.
- Participates in community relations based activity, where desired and where interest exists.
- Works with state and federal pipeline safety commissions on pipeline safety regulations.
- Maintain working relationships across multiple business units.
- Contact with vendors, suppliers, industry associations.
- 7 or more years gas storage industry experience preferred; knowledge of gas operations, maintenance and construction practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from ABET accredited college.
- Advanced degree in related engineering fields are desirable.
- Demonstrated technical and operational expertise.
- Good understanding of network design, standards, drafting and general system operations.
- Proficient in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Knowledge of DOT, PHMSA, AMSE, API and all codes associated with compressor station design and operation
- Knowledge of storage reservoir operations
- Solid understanding of gas storage fields and gathering systems.
- Understanding of PHMSA regulations.
- Demonstrate good technical, financial and operations knowledge.
- Demonstrate strategic and operational planning.
- Understanding of financial and technical decisions models and cost/benefit approach to decision-making.
- Proficient in word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to lead and participate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage projects of varying scale simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer certification preferred.
- Position involves some travel across service territory.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer