C & M Operations Technician B (UN244)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 19, 2018.
LOCATION: Lincoln, NE
Perform construction and maintenance functions on the gas distribution system and responds to emergency situations in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Field Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install and maintain the gas distribution system in a safe and efficient manner to comply with current company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and perform work on the distribution system, operates construction equipment, and restores job sites to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on construction equipment, vehicles and tools to ensure maximum utilization and cost effectiveness.
- Follow company safety policy and training procedures by utilizing safe work and driving habits to ensure customer and employee safety.
- Complete recordkeeping associated with construction and maintenance operations to ensure that work done is accounted for properly and that accurate up-to-date records are maintained for future reference.
- Participates in company regulated and non-regulated marketing programs.
- Perform other related tasks as apparent or assigned, including but not limited to; line locating, stopping and tapping, customer piping, meter reading, chart changing, lighting appliances, leak investigation and pinpointing, plastic fusion, meter and regulator installations, operation and maintenance of odorant equipment and maintenance of facilities, to ensure efficient operation of the work unit.
- Perform related functions that support gas distribution and transmission operations in a safe, customer-oriented manner.
- Assists other employees with on the job tasks related to providing safe, reliable natural gas service.
- Participates in training internally, both field and classroom, and externally to increase job knowledge and competency.
- Previous work experience on natural gas distribution or transmission systems preferred.
- Previous work experience with construction equipment construction sites preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with Company Operations Procedures, Emergency Procedures, and State and Federal Codes as they apply to the work.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of company safety procedures, practices and policies.
- Employees must successfully demonstrate relevant competencies through assessment methods as determined by the company with reasonable inclusion of the union.
- Must have positive customer relations orientation including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Must be qualified to perform job tasks as defined by the Department of Transportation and company procedures.
- Must have a valid Nebraska driver’s license, and be able to qualify for a Class A CDL license with air brake endorsement, and possess a safe driving record.
- Employees assigned to this job will be expected to establish residence in the designated location no later than 90 days after accepting the job.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Can meet the physical demands of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting/smelling, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision and field of vision.
- Lifting - Occasionally 40+ lbs. up to 30 feet (rare); and occasionally side lifting.
- Lifting tools, equipment and appliances floor to waist, overhead, waist to shoulder.
- Prolonged loaded and unloaded forward flexion, extension, lateral flexion and rotation of the neck and spine are required.
- Reaching – occasionally above and below shoulder height.
- Ability to navigate uneven surfaces to and from vehicle and site work, transmission line patrol requiring walking distances up to miles in all terrains, in all types of weather.
- Must be adaptable to extreme temperature climates inside and outside.
- Ability to manipulate and grasp hand tools while in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Ability to be fitted for a use of respirator.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer