Senior Fleet Coordinator
SALARY RANGE: $53,900 - $70,070
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 19, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support fleet life cycle activities such as maintain fleet asset specifications, submit fleet acquisition requests, administer the fleet asset upfit process and warranty program as well as communicate open recall notifications to ensure safe and reliable products are delivered on time and according to customer specifications.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Fleet Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate daily operation and approvals of fleet management software and maintenance programs.
- Responsible for submitting accurate fleet asset acquisition requests for Fleet Manager review and approval.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate fleet asset specifications to support fleet strategy.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining fleet asset warranty program.
- Responsible for fleet asset open recall notifications.
- Administer fleet asset upfit process and recommend improvement opportunities to Fleet Manager.
- Provide reports from fleet management system to support standardization, cost reductions and other requests.
- Provide on-site and/or remote support for post-acquisition upfit, retrofit, and repair requests.
- Provide detailed analytical support for Fleet Services.
- Prepare fleet related presentations as needed.
- Assure compliance with all Department of Transportation, ANSI, OSHA, and Environmental regulations.
- Maintain applicable portions of Fleet Services Webpage.
- Assist Fleet Manager in managing national vendor relationships and develop metrics to manage performance.
- Assist Fleet Manager in ensuring Browz compliance for fleet suppliers.
- Analyze fleet management system and provide input for opportunities for improvement and reduction of total cost of ownership.
- Assist Fleet manager and operations to identify opportunities to reduce costs including standardization of fleet assets.
- Lead root cause and other project teams as needed.
- Complete cross training to backup fleet team members as required.
- Maintain an equipment specifications database and assist with maintaining fleet master list.
- Work cooperatively with company and vendor employees.
- Work as a team member to provide high-quality and timely service.
- Customer – operational managers and staff using the Company fleet
- Supervisor – Sr. Fleet Manager
- Direct reports – none
- Peers – Strategic Sourcing Negotiator, Supply Chain Analyst
- Suppliers of materials, equipment and services
- Five (5) years fleet management or similar category management experience required.
- Three (3) years of vehicle acquisition experience, including complex upfitting preferred.
- Experience working with a large centralized fleet management program at a utility preferred.
- Bachelor’s ’s degree in business, computer, or related program required.
- Experience working with the operation, maintenance, or administration of fleet of vehicles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fleet maintenance programs and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of Federal Motor Carriers and Department of Transportation Rules and Regulations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of utility or similar upfitting requirements for light duty trucks.
- Working knowledge of upfitting requirements for complex heavy duty trucks, preferably gas or electric utility related trucks.
- Customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent proficiency with PC software, including spreadsheets, word processing, and databases.
- High-energy self-starter with a desire to work in a dynamic organization.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Goal and deadline oriented.
- Ability to prioritize in rapidly changing environment to initiate action and provide consistent follow through.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Certification and participation in a fleet related professional organization preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, supplemented by a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to travel up to 10%-20% of the time will be required.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds.
- Vision, hearing and speech essential.
- Hand coordination to use computer.
- While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials.
- Drive, travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer