Apprentice Line Mechanic (3rd Step) (UN1250) B-1541
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 20, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Perform work of apprentice lineman in the construction, maintenance, or removal of overhead and underground lines.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Electric Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist and follow instructions of the Lead Line Mechanic and Line Mechanic in constructing, maintaining and removing overhead and underground lines.
- Complete apprentice line mechanic training coursework.
- Complete required documentation associated with daily assignments.
- Observe all safety rules and line work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Apprentice and Journeyman Line Mechanic.
- Lead Line Mechanic.
- Area Supervisor/Manager.
- Project Estimator/Construction Rep.
- 12 months of experience working in power line construction trade preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of vocational/technical school program for line mechanic or equivalent power line construction experience required.
- Basic knowledge of construction methods, materials, hand tools and their use.
- Basic knowledge of electrical standards for construction of the electrical system, methods and materials.
- Basic knowledge of construction equipment for overhead and underground construction.
- Ability to frame poles and have basic knowledge of the tools required for line construction.
- Ability to climb poles.
- Ability to operate, care for and maintain tools and equipment.
- Pole climbing certification.
- Must possess a valid South Dakota Commercial Driver's license, at least Class A, with air brake endorsement, or have the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
- Must live within 20 minutes of reporting location.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, crawling and squatting to access tasks.
- Ability to forward bend, overhead reach and complete elevated work to steady poles, use equipment and access tasks.
- Rotational sitting and standing to access work.
- Ability to twist while standing and kneeling to access task.
- Gripping and pulling with both hands up to 120lbs of force.
- Hand-eye coordination, lifting, one arm carry, overhead lifting and reaching, repetitive wrist twisting motion.
- Ability to pull downward, horizontal, overhead reach and downward vertical.
- Upper extremity coordination to prepare materials for installs.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer