Compressor Operator I
PAY RANGE: $23 - $29 per hour
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 23, 2018.
LOCATION: Ozark, AR
Facilitate the maintenance and repair of the company’s gathering and storage assets. In connection with gas Control the Compressor Operator works to meet the system supply and demand needs
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all pipelines, valves and other related facilities.
- Start and stop compressors, monitor line pressure and diagnose potential problems with equipment.
- Effectively use and understand company SCAD system.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, including, but not limited to repairing, and coating pipelines, concrete work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Participate in quality emergency responder programs.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. new hires, contractors, visitors, etc.)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Other duties as required.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Other duties as required.
- Load Control Department
- Gas Supply
- Some applicable work experience.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of compressor and auxiliary equipment, engines, motors, cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment and process equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge of regulators and relief valves found on project lines and main lines and general meter sets.
- Detailed knowledge of natural gas distribution, transmission and gathering pipeline system operations.
- Knowledge of operating costs and best practices associated with natural gas pipeline operations..
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids in high and low pressure systems.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures and practices and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working in solitary work environments as well as within work groups.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software, etc.)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams.
- Must be able to work within a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, and focus attention to details, follow rules/procedures and work with an open and positive attitude.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
- May be required to work shift work/alternating schedules to maintain staffing.
- Be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours which may require carrying a company provided phone.
- This position requires the use of a respirator.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer