PAY RANGE: $25 - $32 per an hour.
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 20, 2018.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR
The Welder is responsible for the installation of steel and polyethylene (PE) mains, fabrication of metering facilities, and related construction oversight.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Supervisor, Gas Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for performing and inspecting pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas pipeline related facilities.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines. Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including: completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations Management and ensure proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Inspect/oversee the construction and /or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.)
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications applicable to the job classification.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain professional working relations with external and internal customers.
- Welder Operations - Up to 3 years
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals.
- Knowledge of basic properties of plastic pipeline materials.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
- Customer focus.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Job planning and organization skills.
- Work from job related blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- Operate all plastic fusion equipment including all tools required for maintenance and emergency on plastic pipelines.
- Applicable company and regulatory welding and fusion certifications.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed. Be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours.
- Required to carry a company-provided cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Travel within geographic region and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer