Senior Continuous Improvement Program Manager
SALARY RANGE: $87,650 - $121,820
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 28, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Using a variety of CI methodologies, the Senior Program Manager leads, facilitates and manages a continuous improvement program at the business unit level to increase productivity, enhance value, and increase bottom line results.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: VP, Group VP or SVP (depending on organizational alignment)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the business in identifying, prioritizing and executing continuous improvement programs that deliver increased value to the company, customers and employees.
- Lead the business in prioritizing, implementing, and maintaining standardized and optimized processes.
- Lead large standardization and improvement initiatives that span multiple departments and business units. Partner with process owners to develop and maintain consistent processes, roles and responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Influence the organization by promoting CI strategies and tools with employees and leaders across the organization. Serve as change agent, consultant, and mentor to team members, analysts, process owners and leaders in relationship to CI methodologies and best practices.
- Provide leadership for development and maintenance of optimization strategy and long-term roadmaps and coordinate interdependencies with other Program Managers.
- Direct project involvement of matrix reporting resources who participate in continuous improvement and optimization initiatives.
- Supervise direct reports including CI Program Managers, Special Projects Managers and other resources that align with the achievement of the optimization strategy and roadmap.
- Provide consistent CI program offerings in conjunction with CI Program Managers throughout the business.
- Develop and deliver training tools, materials and content across the organization.
- Use CI tools to assess cultural maturity with department leaders. Partner with departments to improve cultural maturity through action plans and follow-up.
- Develop and mentor CI Agents and the provide guidance to the CI Agent Network Board to lead culture change and promote self-sufficient continuous improvement.
- Provide advanced-level guidance to the CI Program Managers and Special Projects Managers.
- Review and manage program and project approach, structure, and charter through the establishment of project requirements and planning.
- Collect and analyze data required to assess project potential, make decisions, and report results. Measure key business processes using metrics and KPIs.
- Mentor analysts within the business to foster a culture of insight by using data to identify opportunities for improvement and sustain improvements into the future.
- Build and develop models to evaluate and prioritize solutions.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Deliver results and drive performance of other employees who do not report to the position, in positions both above and below your own.
- Motivate employees to think critically about their work.
- Partner with other CI Program Managers to ensure consistency in application and roll out of program related items.
- Proven superior success in process improvement or design.
- Five to seven years of successfully managing complex projects, processes or people in a related department or business.
- Experience successfully leading large scale projects.
- Training in a classroom or team environment.
- Public speaking or sales experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Expert process improvement knowledge.
- Financial and accounting process knowledge.
- Compliance issues and process knowledge.
- Energy industry knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of explaining technical and project related information to Sr. Management, leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Exemplary organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and make well informed decisions with little or no guidance. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead and manage a diverse team.
- Strong understanding of data and statistical analysis.
- Ability to learn and understand multiple CI tools and methodologies including but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma, or GE Workout.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and various specialized software/programs.
- Ability to train staff in a team environment.
- Desired, but not required: Lean, High level Six Sigma, Project Management Certified.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer