Manager or Senior Manager of Enterprise Applications (Financial and HR Systems)
SALARY RANGE: $87,650 - $134,310
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 28, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
The Manager, Enterprise Financial and HR Applications reports to the Director of Business Applications and is responsible for the overall management of the IT developer staff that support Black Hills’ core Financial and HR applications. These critical systems support our $6+ billion worth of assets, 2,800+ employees, and 1.2 million customers across multiple utilities, states, regulatory jurisdictions, and bargaining units. This includes HR, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition Management, Performance Management, Time and Labor, Organizational Leadership Review, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Inventory Management, Accounts Receivable, Expenses, Treasury, etc.
The Manager will be expected to manage projects, coordinate resources, mentor and develop team members, and manage team performance. It is critical that the Manager is also able to manage the expectations of our business partners in an ever-changing environment.
The Manager will work with business partners to define the scope of business needs and translate processes from detailed functional requirements to technical design specifications. This includes the support of multiple modules and 50+ mission critical interfaces to internal and external systems using appropriate tools such as Integration Broker, application messages, web services, Application Engine and SQR.
The Manager will assist the Director of Business Applications with developing a long term vision and strategy for Black Hills’ core Financial and HR systems. This requires the Manager to stay abreast of changes and advances in technology that could benefit and transform the company.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director of Business Applications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and cultivate strong business partnerships with key leaders and stakeholders in the CFO and HR organizations
- Develop strong relationships with end users to effectively troubleshoot problems and recommend great solutions.
- Supervise and mentor software developers in the support and development of various assigned software solutions.
- Collaborate with end users to define the scope of business needs and translate processes from detailed functional requirements to technical design specifications.
- Function as a team lead or project manager on software development projects while adhering to standard software development techniques and design methods.
- Take proactive steps to evaluate issues, determine alternatives, and implement the appropriate solution.
- Advocate, implement and adhere to strong cyber-security (Sans Top 20) and financial (Sox) controls.
- Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
- Work independently with business partners in software requirements and system support while keeping team members well-informed of efforts.
- Discuss and explain technical implementations to project staff, business users, and management, either verbally or in writing
- Ensure compliance with technical best practices, policies, standards, and software licensing.
- Accountable for change management and SOX compliance
- Stay abreast of changes and advances in technology that could affect the company.
- Track, monitor, and report progress of staff’s assignments
- Identify staff opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Will supervise team of direct reports.
- Will work with and coordinate efforts across all departments within IT.
- Will maintain a relationship with multiple business groups and understand their needs and priorities.
- 7+ years of related experience supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- PeopleSoft (FIN and HCM), PowerPlan, and/or Hyperion experience desired.
- Experience in full lifecycle upgrades and/or implementations of an ERP system.
- 2+ years’ experience mentoring, managing, supervising or leading team members directly or indirectly.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Demonstrated experience with hands on ERP development platforms across various HR and/or Financial modules.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working in ERP software development environments (PeopleSoft preferred)
- Experience leading medium and large-sized software development projects. This should include requirements analysis, application design, team application development, test planning, implementation and post support activities.
- Experience designing, building, testing, and troubleshooting system to system interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to be agile and respond quickly to shifting priorities.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently with ease, while maintaining a strong focus on detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills and lead high-visibility efforts.
- Capacity to work well in a team, with the ability to collaborate with other team members and foster a team environment.
- High level of integrity as position has a high level of access to extremely confidential data.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer