Supplier Diversity and Development Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $77,250 - $100,470
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 23, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Supplier Diversity and Development is focused on deriving additional value from our supply base by strengthening the supplier relationships through partnering with suppliers, sourcing/category management teams, safety, regulatory and internal/external stakeholders to develop business strategies that mitigate risk, uncover opportunities, and advance innovation. This role contributes to the development and ongoing management of our supplier strategy and management by driving continuous improvement strategies, processes, and activities aimed at identifying and capturing value while at the same time reducing the total cost of ownership of materials and services. This position also manages the Supplier Diversity Program by executing the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goals and objectives. Additionally, the Supplier Diversity and Development Specialist will develop and implement policy, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with associated our governmental contracts across our various service territories and helping.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Strategic Sourcing Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, implements and coordinates a supplier diversity program to promote and encourage sourcing activity among diverse suppliers such as minority and women-owned businesses in accordance with the company’s subcontracting plan.
- Establishes and maintains an extensive network of diverse suppliers for sourcing opportunities; participates in diversity councils and supplier diversity outreach events.
- Develops and maintains goals and metrics to measure and report activity, including contracts and spend with diverse suppliers and ensure compliance with all subcontracting plans, federal rules and requirements across the enterprise.
- Administers the Supplier Risk Management Process which includes monitoring and reporting on key strategic partners and high risk suppliers and their performance against corporate risk criteria.
- Facilitate escalation and resolution of high risk incidents or recurring performance failures to appropriate executive, manager or key stakeholder.
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes complex data from a variety of sources and creates various internal and external reports to track performance to Supplier Risk Management process and supplier diversity forecast, projections to goals and plans.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for improving supplier innovation, efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities to reduce to the total cost of ownership to the company.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to develop a list of approved suppliers in key material and service categories. Work with suppliers to ensure compliance with the organization's technical, operational and quality requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of an enterprise wide CSR strategy by partnering with Community Affairs, Shareholder Relations and other key departments.
- Develops and communicates action plans by analyzing historical trends, long range business plans, procurement projections and other related methodologies to meet contractual requirements and obligations.
- Analyzes supply base, assesses utilization gaps and targets outreach efforts to identify potential small, diverse suppliers.
- Independently reviews federal regulations and laws to assess the impact on supplier diversity program at the enterprise level.
- Formulates company position and responses related to Supplier Diversity associated with responses to request for proposals, regulatory agencies or government inquiries.
- Proactively identify improvement areas, identify issues and recommend solutions
- Ensure vendor compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules as well as company policies and procedures.
- Report performance trends, metrics and improvement opportunities to senior management.
- Creates plans by analyzing historical trends, long range business plans, procurement projections and other related methodologies to meet contractual requirements and obligations.
- Drive supplier adoption of key tools and technology (EDI, inventory, and supplier extranet)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Engineering, Category Management, Procurement, Data Analysis and Warehouse Fulfillment
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers
- Travel to supplier locations to view/evaluate their operations
- 7 years of experience working in procurement, strategic sourcing, contracts and/or supplier diversity required.
- 3+ years of leadership experience required.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams required.
- Experience working at a gas or electric utility preferred.
- Experience in conducting supplier analysis, utilizing decision-making tools/models, including financial and non-financial criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as business administration, finance, operations research, materials management, economics, supply chain, or related discipline required.
- MBA preferred.
- Proficient in the use Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies
- Project Management Skills
- Strong influencing skills to lead to best practices, standardization and support of program.
- Demonstrated experience presenting strategies and results to all levels of a complex matrix organization.
- Experience presenting and training personnel on the application of supplier diversity principles;
- Ability to collaborate and drive difficult decisions among business partners.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Project or related project management tool, and Outlook).
- CPSD, CPSM or equivalent preferred.
- Travel 25%-30%.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer