CIS IT Developer Intern
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on March 30, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Attend in-house training for the Natural programming language which the Customer Information System (CIS Plus) is written in. Learn aspects of the CIS Plus application so that work assignments can be given to applicant. This training and work will be assigned consistent with the Company’s Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Company’s utility business.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Principal Developer Analyst
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend training class for Natural language and CIS Plus application.
- Using the Natural language, write or modify programs per specifications. Conduct unit testing as needed.
- Learn and use the UC4 job scheduling software.
- Maintain strong working relationships within the Information Technology Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- None required.
- In the process of completing an Associates or Bachelor degree program preferably with classes relating to computer software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- None required.
- Participation in the Company’s Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel.
- Travel one week each month during the first three months of internship.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer