Welder 1 (UN747)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 1, 2018.
LOCATION: Casper, WY
Responsible for the installation of steel and polyethylene (PE) mains, fabrication of metering facilities, and related construction oversight.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor II
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for performing and inspecting pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of all gas pipeline related facilities.
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines.
- Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Provide oversight and inspection to ensure asset protection and compliance with company procedures of excavation activities near pipeline facilities.
- Responsible for inspection duties per Company policies including: completion of required documentation, as-built drawings, contractor oversight and supervision, act as Company representative during construction activities, report progress to Operations Management and ensure proper reporting and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies.
- Participates in quality emergency responder programs.
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenant, public official, emergency official and local organization (i.e. One-Call, Pipeline Group, Soil Conservation, etc.) meetings.
- Inspect/oversee the construction and /or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (i.e. personnel in progression, contractors, visitors, etc.).
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform mapping, record keeping and data entry duties per company policies.
- Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company Standards, procedures, regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Other daily, weekly and monthly duties as assigned.
- Works in conjunction with other department, contractors, and customers.
- Three years+ gas welding experience preferred.
- API 1104 welding certification preferred.
- High school diploma of equivalent.
- Associate of Applied Science or diploma from technical school preferred.
- Knowledge of basic properties of metals.
- Knowledge of basic properties of plastic pipeline materials.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
- Job planning and organizational skills.
- Work from job related blueprints, sketches and diagrams.
- Operate micrometers, calipers, and thickness testing equipment.
- Operate all plastic fusion equipment including all tools required for maintenance and emergency on plastic pipelines.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Detailed oriented.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Applicable company and regulatory welding and fusion certifications.
- Achieve and maintain all Operator Qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Be available for and provide emergency response after regular business hours.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Travel within geographic region (generally Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and Arkansas), and occasionally out of the geographic region, may be required and is anticipated, including overnight and/or weekend travel.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires the use of a self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Must live in a location that permits response to emergency situations not exceed 20 minutes from reporting location.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer