Maintenance Specialist (UN747)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 20, 2018.
LOCATION: Holdrege, NE
Safely perform mechanical installation and subsequent repair and maintenance for a retail natural gas utility.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for installing, relocating, replacing, maintaining and repairing gas lines.
- Inspect pipeline and structural welding required for construction and maintenance of Company facilities including the installation, operation and maintenance of distribution and transmission facilities.
- Proficient operations of equipment and tools associated with everyday work.
- Perform and document pipeline safety maintenance activities.
- Perform other assigned task as required.
- Must maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Both internal and external customers of Black Hills Energy.
- Experience in natural gas system maintenance and construction preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Secondary education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Basic mechanical and construction skills.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high pressure systems.
- General knowledge of regulatory and relief valves found on project lines, main lines, and general meter sets.
- Knowledge of company policies and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements desirable.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Possess basic computer and math skills
- Ability to work with and around combustible or flammable gas, liquids and high pressure systems.
- Ability to interface directly with customers professionally providing a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers. May be required to carry commercial driver’s license.
- Federal, State or Local certifications where required to perform work.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as-needed.
- May be required to carry a company-provided cell phone/pager and be available to respond during working hours; may be required to respond during non-working hours, especially related to company emergencies.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Outside work/walking constantly, lifting and digging.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer