Agricultural Marketing Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $65,800 - $85,570
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 20, 2018.
LOCATION: Wood River, NE
Be the energy partner of choice for agricultural customers and ag-related commercial businesses by cultivating and maintain a trusting, professional relationship through serving as the single point of contact that connects customers to energy solutions. This dual role focuses primarily on retention of the existing agricultural customer base but additionally on load growth in the agricultural markets. Responsibilities are not limited to but include maintenance, repair, and inspection of irrigation engines and related equipment; promoting natural gas solutions to the agricultural community; conducting educational workshops and maintaining vendor and dealer relationships.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Customer Solutions Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be the energy partner of choice for agriculture customers and ag-related commercial customers by developing and maintain a trusting, professional relationship through serving as the single point of contact that connects customers to energy solutions.
- Responsible for promoting and selling natural gas products and services, primarily focused on the agricultural market in Nebraska.
- Ability to perform basic mechanical repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in agricultural irrigation.
- Ability to manage partnerships with third parties; not limited to vendors, dealers and distributors.
- Responsible for providing the training of natural gas pricing, utilization, and energy savings advantages to field personnel and relevant customer audiences.
- Understanding of the Choice Gas program, and/or parallel programs in similar industries defined by the ability of the customer to select a particular service provider.
- 75% of position is field-based (retention efforts, selling, talking to existing and potential agricultural customers, servicing irrigation engines).
Responsibilities also include oversight of the following objectives and programs:
- Maintain current knowledge of tariff rates and regulations and help identify challenges and opportunities of rate design and other regulatory practices.
- Be a champion for growth with field personnel and through participation in business unit growth teams and subsequent projects.
- Support development of new regulated and non-regulated energy solutions by gaining a thorough understanding of customer business drivers and needs.
- Work with business development team to coordinate customer project needs to be designed and scheduled.
- Continually survey for new growth opportunities through expansions to new customers, conversions, acquisitions, and new solution offerings.
- Serve as a member of coordinated teams at the business segment, group and corporate level, as needed.
- Awareness and understanding of all regulatory complaints relevant to customer segment served and ensure that in each case, learn from the customer and apply those learnings.
- Identify opportunities for process and procedure improvements resulting in improved customer satisfaction and internal savings
- Identify potential routing for infrastructure installation and improvements (lines, meters, etc.)
- Assist in gathering load data for hydraulic modeling of gas lines.
- Assist in sizing pipe, meter, etc. appropriate to project.
- Track and report results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work directly with business development team focusing on retention, growth and providing energy solutions.
- Coordinate with field operations teams as necessary to serve existing customer needs as required (service, sales, etc.)
- Team with corporate customer service functions, operations, community affairs, engineering, legal and others to resolve customer problems.
- 3 or more years of utility industry and/or sales and/or project management experience.
- 3 or more years of customer relationship management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanical training and experience (natural gas, diesel, propane engines) is ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred (marketing, business, engineering)
- Knowledge of the energy and/or utility industries preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of electric and/or natural gas quality terminology and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of energy policy, national and local building codes.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for delivering sustainable energy products and services for agricultural customers.
- Thorough knowledge of tariff rates and regulations.
- Strong customer relationship qualities with passion for customer experience.
- Strong understanding of the agricultural market dynamics and requirements.
- Driven to help customers succeed by connecting them to energy solutions.
- Ability to think and act commercially by constantly evaluating current market, customer and industry dynamics to originate new growth opportunities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present effectively to diverse internal and external audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Proven sales ability and motivation to drive results.
- Must possess a demonstrated and proficient understanding of principles in one or more specialized functions specific to this field.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting training programs to be applied to both company personnel and outside parties.
- Demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Ability to successfully perform the required and expected duties with minimal direct supervision; must be a self-starter.
- Project management skills.
- The ability to multi-task, inclusive of the ability to continually and successfully reprioritize within a dynamically changing work environment.
- Will be required to carry a company-provided cell phone and may be required to be available to respond to and place phone calls during both traditional working and non-working hours.
- Flexibility to travel regularly among Black Hills’ service territory locations within the state and out of state as needed.
- Position may require 55+ hour work week commitments with non-traditional hours during the irrigation season.
- Some overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignment.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer