Manager Revenue Integrity and Billing
SALARY RANGE: $77,250 - $100,470
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
LOSING DATE: This position will close on April 30, 2018.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Lead and manage Billing Department employees and ensure the timely and precise calculation, formatting and timeliness of all Black Hills utility customer monthly bill statements. Ensure that bill calculations meet all regulatory and legal requirements in the computation of charges, application of taxes and provision of information on bill statements. Maintain a forward look and align billing processes, systems capabilities and staff levels and skills with the industry business trends and the corporate business strategies.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Revenue Assurance Senior Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and participating in the activities related to meter information, utility billing, energy plans and products, reporting and analysis, and customer relations.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly billing services for all Black Hills utility customers, maintaining Regulatory compliance with high levels of Customer Satisfaction, working with various end to end process partners.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly, annual reporting of bill statement volumes and billed revenues.
- Develop and maintain work processes needed to ensure timely and accurate production of utility
- Review of employee entered CIS+ transactions affecting customer bills.
- Collaboration with management from other parts of the company to ensure timely and accurate capture and recording of information critical to the accurate creation of monthly billing statements.
- Management of staff to ensure critical work processes are performed correctly, timely and efficiently. Includes hiring, firing, training, motivation and development of team members.
- Review and validation of billing process and system controls – ensure SARBOX compliance.
- Assist all areas of the company with needs related to revenue integrity and CIS+ functionality for projects.
- Serve as a liaison between the needs of the projects and the IT ensuring proper testing and accuracy of functionality.
- Additional projects as appropriate.
- AMI/AMR System Managers
- Customer Support Services Management
- Customer Service Center Management
- State Operations Management
- Information Technology Management
- Billing Associates and Specialists
- Customer Account Services Supervisors
- Regulatory Managers
- Tax Department Management
- Records Compliance Management
- Minimum five or more years management and/orexperience in a utility environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain cross-functional team performance goals.
- Experience working with utility customer information or distribution operations systems (CIS, OMS, CAD, MDM, AMI, AMR, GIS, MDMS).
- Experience managing financial reports, and analyzing trends.
- Experience in document management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, equivalent work experience acceptable.
- Knowledge of utility computing applications required.
- Meter reading/MDMS
- Knowledge of utility metering operations required.
- CIS+ knowledge desired.
- Knowledge of financial principles.
- CIA training desired.
- Proficiency in computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Exchange, and specialized software/programs as required.
- Excellent verbal, written, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to details.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to balance effective process compliance with business and customer sensitivity, and relate that to other personnel.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative in seeking alternate solutions.
- Some travel required due to dispersed company location.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer