Gas Design Engineer
SALARY RANGE: $55,500 - $72,180
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 26, 2018.
LOCATION: Papillion, NE
Assist in providing design engineering services to our natural gas utility operations in multiple states. Design facilities and work procedures to comply with DOT regulations. Work in partnership with state operations to ensure safe, reliable service to customers. Performs system analysis and recommends remedial actions and measures. Participate on teams to address regulatory initiatives.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Design Engineering Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides basic engineering support and service to natural gas operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Perform flow scenario analysis reviews of transmission and distribution systems.
- Review meter set designs to ensure compliance and adequacy.
- Recommend and design system improvements to include regulator stations, odorizers, piping, and valves.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Work as team member to achieve department goals.
- Maintains a successful partnership with network operations.
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and troubleshoot technical and operations issues.
- Assists in providing professional services elsewhere in the company’s energy business, as requested.
- Participates in community relations based activity, where desired and where interest exists.
- Travel as necessary to support activities for Natural Gas Utility Operations.
- Works with state and federal pipeline safety commissions on pipeline safety regulations.
- Works with operations managers and supervisors.
- Contact with vendors, suppliers, industry associations.
- 0-3 years of gas industry experience preferred; knowledge of gas operations, maintenance and construction practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated technical expertise.
- Proficient in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, and proactive.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer