Gas Engineer II
SALARY RANGE: $60,400 - $78,490
Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on April 23, 2018.
LOCATION: Casper, WY
Provide design engineering services to our natural gas utility operations in multiple states. Design facilities and work procedures to comply with DOT regulations. Work in partnership with state operations to ensure safe, reliable service to customers. Performs system analysis and recommends remedial actions and measures. Oversees design projects that include regulator stations, odorizers, pipeline replacement and relocation. Participate on teams to address regulatory initiatives.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Director, Design Engineering & Project Management
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides general engineering support and service to natural gas operations in the company’s multiple state natural gas business.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards for engineered construction activities.
- Perform flow scenario analysis reviews of transmission and distribution systems.
- Review meter set designs to ensure compliance and adequacy.
- Recommend and design system improvements to include regulator stations, odorizers, piping, and valves.
- Participate as a team in DIMP and TIMP compliance activities.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Work as team member to achieve department goals.
- Maintains a successful partnership with network operations.
- Ability to analyze information, problem solve and troubleshoot technical and operations issues.
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192.
- Assists in providing professional services elsewhere in the company’s energy business, as requested.
- Participates in community relations based activity, where desired and where interest exists.
- Travel as necessary to support activities for Natural Gas Utility Operations.
- Works with state and federal pipeline safety commissions on pipeline safety regulations.
- Works with operations managers, supervisors, and technicians. Contact with vendors, suppliers, industry associations.
- 3 - 6 years of gas industry experience; knowledge of gas operations, maintenance and construction practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline required. Civil or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise.
- Good understanding of general business and financial principles.
- Good understanding of network design, standards, drafting and general system operations.
- Understanding of drafting and mapping software.
- Proficient in word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effective presentation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to manage projects of varying scale simultaneously.
- Ability to thoroughly document analytical work.
- Team player and demonstrated ability to effectively lead in such an environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, and proactive.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination preferred.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer