Gas Measurement Specialist
SALARY RANGE: $65,800 - $85,570
The base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on May 1, 2018.
LOCATION: This position may be located in Denver, CO, Fountain, CO, Frederick, CO or Glenwood Springs, CO.
Develop or revise and administer internal technical measurement and pressure regulating educational material for gas operations positions throughout all gas states.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager of Measurement
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in developing, revising and administering technical class materials in his/her specialty area (Natural Gas Measurement and Pressure Regulating equipment) under established industry standards and codes as well as equipment manufacturers’ requirements/guidelines.
- Consult with Engineering, Field Operations, and industry resources regarding gas measurement and pressure regulating technological advances and problem solving/awareness along with advancing technology in our industry.
- Assist in developing electronic training programs used for training field employees.
- Monitor information and news regarding gas measurement and pressure regulating equipment and communicate relevant information to engineering and field operating employees.
- Incorporate safety in all aspects of training and on-going operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist with developing/build training mock-ups used in classroom programs.
- Communicate/evaluate training materials with other industry experts to ensure safety, compliance, and consistency.
- Provide technical support to Field Operating personnel, Engineering and DOT Technical Trainers on all measurement and pressure regulating equipment used by company including electronic components and troubleshooting.
- Review new technology and advise Engineering and Field Operations on recommended changes.
- Responsible for designing and/or assist with design review and sizing or Gas Transmission and distribution measurement equipment with field operations and Gas Engineering design and Project Management department.
- Attend 40-80 hours of advanced training annually in his/her specialty area(s).
- Assist/provide input for design of measurement/pressure regulating facilities for larger gas customers as requested by Engineering/Field Operations/Customers.
- Ability to interact with company employees at all levels.
- Ability to interact with industry experts and vendors/manufacturers.
- Five years of relevant experience with two to five years of electronics experience.
- Natural gas measurement and pressure regulating equipment experience preferred.
- Training/teaching experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade certificate in Electronics or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of their specialty field(s) including up-to-date technical information, servicing, operation, and safety related issues.
- Have knowledge of adult education principles and classroom mechanics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude a must.
- Ability to operate manual and electric hand tools.
- Ability to teach/explain technical concepts related to their specialties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct training classes.
- Ability to operate classroom hardware including computers and projectors used with computers.
- Ability to impart best practices information.
- Able to write/produce technical information for classroom and field technician use and teach in a wide variety of situations from the classroom to electronic means.
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize in a multi-task environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate training needs effectively at all levels within the corporation.
- Membership in professional associations a plus.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Desire to impart information to students and acquire extensive knowledge relative to his/her specialty area(s) in order to become recognized as the subject expert by field technicians and their supervisors.
- Frequent travel, some overnight, is required.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
We are an EEO Employer