Ours is no ordinary internship. Our program offers real-world work experience to college students who we consider valuable members of our team.
During your internship, you will:
- Have day-to-day work assignments and project responsibilities with real meaning
Complete on-site visits to learn about:
- Our company and the energy industry
- The complexities of bringing power from the coal mine directly to the light switch
- How marketers minimize customer rates and maximize investor return
- Crude and natural gas reserves throughout the West
- Sit down with senior executives to discuss the challenges of managing a diversified business
- Present your project's findings and how you contributed to the company
We are looking for your innovative ideas and perspectives to help our diverse team develop ways to better serve our customers. You’ll get to apply all that knowledge you gained in the classroom while you’re with us. And your intern experience will set you apart from the competition in today’s job market.
We offer internships in:
Engineers within our Utilities group do more than draw lines from power source to appliance. We are constantly working to:
- Plan for future demand
- Protect systems from failure and attack
- Provide communications to pinpoint and resolve problems
- Teach consumers about energy efficiency
- Discover and implement wireless metering technologies
Oil and gas production
Geologists and engineers discover and measure the reserves that will power our cars, heat our homes and deliver our products for years to come. Black Hills Exploration & Production engineers are tasked with efficiently getting these resources out of the ground and into the marketplace.
Building, operating and maintaining state-of-the-art power plants to support our utilities, or for sale to the open market, is our engineers’ focus. Operating in the regulated and non-regulated segments of our business, this team works in some of the most complex circumstances of any team.
Engineers in the mining operation ensure that safe, environmentally sound movements occur as we send millions of tons of coal to power plants. This team faces the challenge of planning for overburden removal and reclamation in the ever-changing landscape within a surface mine.
As you might imagine, it takes a lot of different departments to keep a company like ours running. And as part of that, we offer learning opportunities in our departments like human resources, information technology, public relations and marketing, accounting, and finance.
APPLY FOR AN INTERNSHIP:
We post internships on our job openings page as they become available. If you don’t see your dream internship today, check back soon.